Are you aware that in this modern world, we’re so connected to our electronic devices that we don’t even question anything about them at all?
In every normal household there is a microwave, a television, a computer, a router, tablet and mobile phone. And then others have smart meters as well.
All this together ensures a constant atmosphere of radiation.
Now I’m not an expert in this area but I do read a lot about the topic and I think it’s quite worrisome. Not only for adults but especially for the little ones living in this constant radiation smog.
Nowadays, kids grow up with a mobile phone, they spend time on a tablet or computer, both at school and at home, and addiction amongst youngsters are on the rise.
A 2016 study found out that 50% of teens feel addicted and 59% of their parents agreed that their kids are addicted.
And this is a 2016 study. In the last 4-5 years, percentages must have gone up. I suppose you’ll agree with me that this is extremely disturbing.
Then there are some health aspects as well.
Young males who want to start a family in the future, aren’t aware that carrying their mobile phone in their front pocket, can have a big impact on sperm quality for example.
Young females who carry their mobile phone in their bra, aren’t aware that by doing this the possibility of breast cancer increases.
Apart from the physical aspect, people feel more or more disconnected although we’re more connected to our devices than ever. I think we should be very worried about this….
My kids are grown up and I have always limited their mobile phone usage, but 10-15 years ago we didn’t have all of the technology we have nowadays, so it was still kind of easy.
I’m pleased that I don’t have to educate kids anymore, because I find it a hell of a difficult job and I feel for parents who now have small kids or adolescents.
Anyway, I wanted to touch on this topic because, as with everything, it’s so important to get informed. When you get the knowledge, you’ll be able to take the best steps in your situation.
Ignorance is a choice in our modern world and you can no longer say, “I didn’t know”. All of the information is out there, so investigate yourself.
And please don’t be biased, look at the pros AND the contras and then make an informed decision.
I would like to offer you some tips to decrease your exposure to radiation:
- Keep your telephone calls short and sweet
- If you have to be on your phone for a long time, use earbuds (no fancy wireless ones please) or use the speaker function
- Switch off your router when you don’t need it. At night for sure, but maybe you can even switch it off during the day when not used?
- Heat things the old-fashioned way. I use pots and pans to heat, maybe you think this is outdated but personally I try to avoid microwaving as much as possible. Actually, I don’t have any at home.
- Connect your computer through a cable. Avoid wireless technology as much as possible.
- Don’t wear your mobile phone on your body. If you have to, use a radiation-blocking case. This blocks the radiation on the side towards your body (have to look for one of these cases myself). Saw them in Holland but don’t know where to get them in Spain yet.
I hope you will explore some of the options I have given you today to reduce your exposure. Or at least I have given you something to start thinking about.
As with everything, take small steps… implement one thing at a time and don’t overwhelm yourself and then give up.
My mantra is always, small steps over time bring big results.
And this mantra you SHOULD implement straight away 😉
I care about my health, and I care about yours!
With love and health,