Menopause can be a big bump in your normal road to deep and restful sleep.
You can’t get to sleep, or you’re waking up at night feeling anxious. Maybe night sweats wake you up and you can’t reconcile sleep anymore.
What a hassle right?
There are a lot of things you can do to set yourself up for a decent night of sleep.
- Disconnect from your phone or laptop at least two hours before going to bed
- Have an evening ritual where you calm down, i.e:
- Make yourself a tea and have a chat with your spouse
- If you’re single, make yourself a tea and journal for example, read, or paint. Whatever makes you feel relaxed and calm
- Sleep in a cold environment (18ºC more or less)
- Make your bedroom pitch black
Then obviously lifestyle changes apply. If you’re not eating a healthy plant based diet, get to it. Make a serious effort to get your greens in.
Food is the information for your cells and without proper function of the body’s processes, you can’t expect to go without struggles through menopause.
Furthermore, move, reduce stress, engage in things you love and look for social connection.
Work on your mind too. You are what you think and if you think menopause is going to be hard, you will find out, it is going to be.
Nothing is easy, neither is menopause but you can go through it as a very dark period, or you can go through it as an ok period 😉 The choice is always yours.
Start by doing all the things that make your body happy today!
Want to know more and ready to take action?
In the meantime, keep safe, keep healthy!
With love and health,